Tuesday 19 July 2011

Work after a week

Well, it seems to have gone quickly (July 14th probably helped). It all seems a bit laid back. To be honest I’ve not had that much to do as everyone seems to be on holiday and the majority won’t be back till September. At least that gives me time to prepare some lessons, and raid the stationery cupboard :-D

I shadowed Carys for a few of her lessons as I said in my previous post. My main first task is to test everyone to see what level of English they have so that they can be put into pairs (most of them). I’ve already made my test, written and oral and should have a couple of people to test at the end of the week – it’s quite difficult making a test for a wide range of levels though.

 I've been preparing some lessons as well on lots of different topics and in doing so have read soooo much stuff on the BBC include this article:   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14016993 about Hungary wanting to install a 'chocolate tax' and this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/earth/water_and_ice/ocean#p00gbgkn about rubber ducks! 


The lunches are pretty good, most days my lunch has cost less than 2€ and that’s a large plate of pasta and/or salad with a bread roll and a can of drink. I’ve had lunch with quite a few different people, generally half in English and half in French, that way I get to practice my French a bit more.

Today I joined a presentation (in English unfortunately) on the differences in business behaviour in France and Israel. It was really interesting, it firstly talked about generalisations and then explained why the Israelis are how they are, going into history and religion and day to day life.

All in all, it’s going well so far and I’m enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment